Education & Career
Growing up in the family business, Marc Eagan internalized the value of customer service at an early age. After graduating from Loyola University of New Orleans with a degree in business in 1977; he entered graduate school at the College of Insurance in New York City in 1978. Subsequent to obtaining his professional certification in risk and insurance, he worked at Lloyd’s and lived in London, England for 18 months. In 1980, he returned to New Orleans and joined the family business of Eagan Insurance Agency, Inc. He’s been serving as its President since 1988.
Certifications & Accomplishments
- Served as an Expert Witness in numerous litigations involving agency valuations, producer compensation, coinsurance and Workers Compensation. Qualified by the Court on both State and Federal level.
- Named one of “The Hot 100” for 2017 by Insurance Business America
- Named one of the “Driving Forces” of New Orleans metropolitan area by New Orleans CityBusiness.
- Named one of the “Top 50 Money Makers” of 2017, 2015 and 2011 by New Orleans CityBusiness.
- Inducted into the Money Makers Hall of Fame
- 2015 President of the Board of Directors of East Jefferson Hospital Foundation; Board Member since 2012.
- 2011-12 President of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of Louisiana. Recipient of the IIABL “Lifetime Achievement Award” in 2013.
- Holder of The Society of Certified Insurance Counselors (CIC) certification since 1981;
- Board Member and former officer of Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of New Orleans (“The Big I”) since 2000 – currently serving on the Executive Committee;
- Member of CNA Insurance Company’s PACER Panel since 2005;
- Former Secretary of the Surplus Lines Association; received the President’s Award in 1987;
- An active and well respected insurance professional, Marc is regularly asked to speak to groups, interviewed by the print media, including The Wall Street Journal and the Times-Picayune, and by television reporters, as well as requested as an expert witness or consultant in legal matters.
Marc began his sailing career at a young age growing up at the Bay Waveland Yacht Club in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. His career evolved both as an instructor and a competitor through sailing on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Today he continues to pass along his passion and skills to his sons.
- 5 time Flying Scot North American Champion
- Winner of the Prince of Wales Trophy for the U.S. Match Race Championship
- Winner of the Hinman Trophy for the U.S. Team Race Championship
- Winner of the Clifford Mallory Trophy for fleet sailing
- Winner of the Lloyd Phoenix Trophy for the U.S. Offshore Sailing
Marc has been married to Gayle Entringer for 35 years. They have three sons and one daughter, Marcus, Jordan, Andrew and Mallory, all active members of the staff at Eagan Insurance. Marc and Gayle also have nine grandchildren.